Thursday, July 2, 2015

Zucchini - Woo Hoo!

I have anxiously been waiting for a zucchini to grow. At first they weren't maturing and dying, so I had to google it and find out why. I found out that you can't water your zucchini plant in the morning when the male flowers are open. If you do, they won't fertilize the female flower/zucchini plant. Once I stopped watering in the morning my zucchinis finally started to grow - Woo Hoo! 
 I'm so excited about my first 2 zucchinis! 
 Here is my zucchini plant growing, looking healthy and giving me zucchinis to eat!

Around the edge are the marigold seeds I planted and they are growing too. No flowers yet, but soon and I can't wait to see the beauty it brings to this kidney shaped berm. Although I can't complain at it now, it looks beautiful to me.
 I also have lots of tomatoes growing and am anxiously waiting for a few red ones to pick.  
Now that I have a couple of zucchinis, I get to make my favorite zucchini casserole for dinner - Yum! 

I had to run to the store for Stove Top Stuffing Mix, because I didn't have any on hand. While at the store I picked up my vice - diet coke that was on sale. A cute older gentleman was purchasing some coke products too and asked me what "BFF" on the coke meant. I smiled and said, "Best Friends Forever". It made me smile and him too. What fun encounter.

Here are a couple of links to my favorite zucchini recipes:






Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin