Monday, August 3, 2015

Happy 21st Birthday Brady!

Happy Birthday Brady! 
21 years old

This year Brady has decided to celebrate his birthday in Las Vegas with his friends. Since I won't see him on his birthday I put together the birthday box above. 

Each of the balloons has some cash in it for his trip to Vegas.

I hoped that the balloons wouldn't pop before they arrived on his doorstep. I also was nervous to send cash through the mail, but I insured it and hoped it wouldn't get lost or stolen on it's way.

It's nice that UPS offers 1 day ground service from Boise to Salt Lake City. That gave me more hope that the balloons would stay inflated and it would arrive. They always ask me what is in the box, I didn't want to say balloons filled with cash - so I said electronics because it did include 2 flash drives. The box only weight 1.5 pounds.

I kept checking with Brady to see if it had arrived. I started getting worried that it was lost when it had not been received at 5 pm. I kept checking the website and finally checked their delivery time which is until 7 pm. Brady received his box about 6:50 pm but hooray it made it!!!
 This is the box after Brady received it. 

Yippee! The balloons were still inflated. He said about 3 were popped. I wonder if it balloons popped while someone was carrying the box - that would startle the UPS man. LOL!
 I used water balloons and didn't fill them very big because I wanted a lot of balloons in the box filled with cash. 
 To say that Brady was thrilled with his birthday box would be an understatement. 

This is our text discussion after he opened the box. 

After he sent me the pictures of his box of balloons, he said he would post in on his facebook account on his birthday with this caption: "Now that's what I call birthday balloons!"

Thank you so much mom! I feel absolutely spoiled!

Best part is now I have cash for the Vegas trip and I don't have to go make a withdrawal. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!
A picture of all the balloons popped with his birthday cash. 

I've asked him to take lots of pictures so that I can blog about his 21st birthday celebration. 

This is what he has planned to do:

Blue Man Group show

Le Reve - french for "The Dream". It combines water, fire, swimming, acrobatics and spectacular effects. In this theater no seat is further than 42 feet from the stage.

Cirque du Soleil

They'll go to Circus Circus

They plan on going to the aquarium in Las Vegas

They are staying in the Pirate of the Caribbean / Treasure Island hotel and will see the Pirate show there. 

They plan on seeing the volcano explosion at the Mirage Hotel. 

They want to see the Bellagio (starred in Oceans 11 movie)

He has quite the itinerary of things he will do on the 4 days he is celebrating his birthday.

He doesn't plan to gamble too much because we hate losing our hard earned money - so we'll see what he actually does with the slot machines ... if he plays or not. 

I'm so excited for his adventure and know he will have a wonderful time. I can't wait to hear all about it when he returns home with lots of pictures (I hope). 

Today brings a chance to look towards the future!
New dreams and New successes.
Here's to a bright new tomorrow 
that is waiting for you!
May all your dreams come true Brady!

Happy 21st Birthday!

I love you to the moon and back!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I can't believe he's 21! Crazy kids keeping getting older. :) What a fun package for him. Sure glad it didn't get lost or something.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin