Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Monthly Meal Planning


It's been a few years since I've had to plan a menu for more then myself. With Jason moving back home, I decided it was time to get back into the groove of menu planning on a budget.

I had to go to the grocery store and stock up on staples yesterday (I was almost out of flour). Before I made my list and went to the store, I made a menu for the month. I did the majority of shopping for everything on this list and hope I don't have to do another major shopping for another month. We will have to pick up milk and perishables like fruit and vegetables, but that should only be small purchases.

I really hate shopping! I find I spend less if I do a major purchase once a month and try to go as long as I can before I have to step foot into a store again. It saves me money. 

I've planned the basic things we usually cook. I need to start checking my Pinterest Recipes and change up our menu next month. 

I loved the printable and EDITABLE menu above from No Ordinary Moments. 
I loved planning for the whole month.

I didn't add breakfast, lunch or snacks to the menu because that doesn't need much thought. 

Breakfast Choices:
Cereal
Eggs, Bacon, Toast
Pancakes
Waffles
Biscuits and Gravy
Oatmeal with fruit

Lunch:
Leftovers
Sandwiches
Soup
Salad

Snacks
Homemade Cookies
Chips
Fruit
Popcorn
Ice Cream

It's nice to cook for more then one person. Plus, this let's Jason know what we are eating. I really want him to quit eating fast food, out to eat or going to the store multiple times a week. 

It's better to be frugal and help him get back on his feet. The goal is to get him into a place of his own  again by keeping to a budget and planning for the future. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin